It’s two months into the new year and though I haven’t changed my blog banner in forever and have yet to use the film scanner and Diana 35mm back, I have made progress on one resolution- I wrote out a knitting pattern. It’s actually typed, not scribbled, and includes photos, not off topic doodles.
This cowl was inspired by an out of stock Madewell cowl that I saw on Pinterest some time ago and by my daughter and her friends, who are just learning to knit. This is something a beginner can enjoy working while practicing new techniques in small, manageable amounts (like jogless stripes and provisional cast on- fun, fun!) It also doesn’t take a ton of yarn, so has helped me whittle down the stash.
Now, I realize it’s super easy, and the internet is overloaded with cowls these days, but still, I wrote it out. Let me have my moment. And pattern writing for other people to read, even if for an easy project, is anything but easy. My hieroglyphics just don’t translate.
I also had to pose for all these pictures while southern gentlemen slowed their cars to squint and give me a look like, “Girl, you got a sock aroun’ yo’ neck.” On top of that, I learned how to make a nice looking document on Open Office… finally. Open Office is the bane of my existence. So, yeah, I’m feeling like I accomplished something today.