Guys! I have loved talking to you with my mouth, not just my fingers. If you think of a reply to any of the questions I pose or have any thoughts that this episode brought to mind, please share here, or on youtube. It makes it so much more fun. Also link photos from your ravelry page, blog, instagram, etc. of your fledgling knits! You know you wanna!
This is where I record the eleventy billionth knitting podcast.
On my blog: https://myso-calledhandmadelife.com
On instagram as mysocalledhandmadelife: https://www.instagram.com/mysocalledhandmadelife/
On Ravelry as mamatronic: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic
Episode 3 Questions for you:
What was your shameless first sweater or hand knit?
What website, book, community inspired you in the beginning?
Beginner’s recommendations for a new knitter, if different?
What’ve you been watching or reading lately?
Anyone been to Iceland or know of any must-see destonations?
Stuff I mention or show:
Debbie Stoller’s books that got me started knitting:
Stitch N Bitch Handbook: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/stitch-n-bitch-the-knitters-handbook
– Big Sack Sweater- Jenna Wilson: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/big-sack-sweater
– Go-Go Garter Stitch Scarf- Debbie Stoller: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/go-go-garter-stitch-scarf
– Chinese Charm Bag- Sylvia Mahoney: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/chinese-charm-bag
– Meema’s Felted Tote- Meema Spadola: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/meemas-felted-marsupial-tote
– Hot Head Hat- Alex Zorn: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/hot-head
Stitch N Bitch Nation: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/stitch-n-bitch-nation/patterns
– Newsboy Cap- Shannita Williams: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/cabled-newsboy-cap—headline-news
– Fairly Easy Fair Isle- Kate Watson: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fairly-easy-fair-isle
– Lucky: Clover Lace Wrap- Melissa Wehrle: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lucky-clover-lace-wrap
Stitch N Bitch Superstar: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/stitch-n-bitch-superstar-knitting
– Saxon the City Stockings- Julia Frank: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/saxon-the-city
The Happy Hooker: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/stitch-n-bitch-crochet-the-happy-hooker/patterns
– Granny’s No Square bag- Diana Rupp: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/grannys-no-square
Stefanie Japel’s Fitted Knits: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/fitted-knits-25-designs-for-the-fashionable-knitter/patterns
– Airy Wrap-Around Lace Sweater: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/airy-wrap-around-lace-sweater
Alexandra Ballerina Top: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/alexandra-ballerina-top
– Cropped Cardigan w/ Leaf Ties: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cropped-cardigan-with-leaf-ties
– Cozy V-Neck Pullover w/ Deep Ribbing: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cozy-v-neck-pullover-with-deep-ribbing
– Back to School U-Neck Vest: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/back-to-school-u-neck-vest
– (my version): https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/minas-tuxedo-vest
Her Glam Knits:
– Textrurized Tweed Coat: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/texturized-tweed-coat
– Deep U-Neck Tunic Dress: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/deep-u-neck-tunic-dress
– Zigzag Lace Wrap: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/zigzag-lace-wraparound
Knitting Without Tears– Elizabeth Zimmerman (The Best): https://www.amazon.com/Knitting-Without-Tears-Easy-Follow/dp/0684135051/ref=sr_1_1_sspa/146-2671738-9668756?ie=UTF8&qid=1517600719&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=knitting+without+tears&psc=1
52 Weeks of Dishcloths- Knit Picks: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/52-weeks-of-dishcloths-2014-pattern-collection
Kid’s Chainmail Coif and Hauberk- Kim Brody Salazar: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/kids-chainmail-coif-and-hauberk-chain-mail
Dwarven Battle Bonnet- Sally Pointer: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/dwarven-battle-bonnet
A Maker’s Pilgrimage with The Knitting Monk: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYvJZr2oy6aZFawzQizjpuQ
The Thistle Hollow Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzLEkx1THL8vtNSQyDeKWHg
Those Holla Knits Daze:
– Umbre Lovre- Allyson Dykhuizen: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/umbre-lovre
– Lady Bat- Teresa Gregorio: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/lady-bat
– Henri- Ann Leachman: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/henri
– Bombshell Shorts- Katie Canavan: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/bombshell-shorts
– Cedar Glen Mitts- Katie Canavan: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/cedar-glen-mitts
– Scallop of the Sea clutch- Katie Canavan: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/scallop-of-the-sea
With Ease- Sylvia McFadden: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/with-ease
The Edge- Gift of Knitting Designs: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/the-edge
The Weekender- Andrea Mowry: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/mamatronic/the-weekender
And if you made it this far, you are unique, and so will appreciate the strangeness of these recommendations:
– Fullmetal Brotherhood: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fullmetal_Alchemist:_Brotherhood
– Oathbringer- Brandon Sanderson: https://www.amazon.com/Oathbringer-Book-Three-Stormlight-Archive/dp/076532637X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517601416&sr=8-1&keywords=oathbringer